Sunday, January 8, 2012

Liz: Day 10: Hidden Gardens

Merida has taken us completely by surprise.  It is unassuming at first glance. The streets around our hotel near the town center are lined with tall, plain walls and heavy wooden doors.  The only hint of the elegance waiting inside our hotel is a bright coat of yellow paint and a small blue and white tile with the name painted on it.   Inside is a series of quaint, cool rooms leading past and through outdoor patios filled with trees, flowers and fountains with seating areas tucked in here and there, leading finally to the inner garden and pool area.  Our room is up a winding, tiled staircase on a garden patio with flowers lining the outside of the windows and wrought iron screen doors.  I love this idea of a hidden garden and I'm looking forward to exploring more.

And then there was this whole amazing fiesta in the town center tonight that I still can't quite get my mind around.  It was so BIG and full of music and dancing and WOW.  I had no idea.





1 comment:

Andrew said...

Liz and Patrick, I am totally enjoying reading about your adventures. This is a great blog!